Wednesday, August 24, 2005


Maria, Me & Traci, we were in North Carolina at the former Heritage USA. You know the infamous PTL place. Remember Jim & Tammy Faye Baker? Ok.....We had to do some drama at some kinda conference they had there. This was after the fall of PTL though & the place was in transition. Another hotel had bought it out, but there was still alot of Tammy Faye touches all over the place. Including this Tammy Faye store. I LOVE Tammy Faye, by the way, she's such an awesome lady. Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. I totally agree. Tammy Faye is an amazing Lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually in Tammy Faye's shop in 1984. I bought a dress there and wore it to church quite often. I called it my Tammy Faye dress. I think I have a picture of me wearing it. I have a lot of pictures of all of us who went on that trip. It was a group from Kingwood. At that time we were still called Alabaster First Assembly of God. We also stopped for a day or so at Pidgeon Forge and Gatlinburg. We had a great time. Ron Cox was the leader of the pack. Glenda was there too. He entertained in the bus aisles most
    of the time showing us all the sights of Alabaster as we headed for I-65. Barry Franks went also.
    Well, that's the short of that story. I would be here all day to tell it all. Tammy Faye is suffering from cancer. She needs our prayers. Janice Sparks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey- I bet I was at that Conference! Do you know what month it was? Does the photo say the month or date or year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet I was there! That is so strange! Although the first time I heard of Masters was fall of 1996 when Keith was a first year student, and they came to our youth convention in Greensboro. But we also had a convention in the spring/summer too- unless it was not for a Youth Event. I went to heritage Usa several times with our youth group.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.