Mockingbird, I just finished it early this morning. WOW!!!! What a story. Why have I not read this before?
I am so in love with the characters, I wish there were a sequel, so I can know more. I want read about more adventures with Jem & Scout (love that name). I want Dill to come back for the summer. Did Dill & Scout get married, when they grew up? Did Jem make it to the football team? What happened to their Mom? I wonder if Boo Radley have that disease were he couldn't be out in the sunlight or bright light?
I love the way the story was written. The way they worded things. I was in shock though, in one word they used. I HATE that word, but I know that was the way things were in that era in time. And the story wouldn't have been accurate without it. But is this book, controversial now, because of it? Is it difficult to teach in school, in our politically correct world?
The book that I checked out at the library apparently was a teachers book that got donated. So, it was full of notes & helped me to see different points to the story. That was kinda cool.
Anyway thanks so much Jen, for encouraging me to read this classic. I am SO happy I did.

you should see the movie
ReplyDeleteLoved the movie, haven't read the book but would like to. Same goes for the great gatsby!
ReplyDelete