Sunday, July 10, 2005

Hurricane Update

We did leave the house...We just got back from Wal-mart. They said on the news that we should expect the power to be out for days, if not a week. So, we went to get some more canned goods & candles. The said thing is, is that we have spent most of our grocery money on Chef Boyardee & Pringles...hahahaha....So, if we continue to have electricity, then that's what we will be living off of for the next 2 weeks.
On the way home, we just missed a really bad wreck. The police & stuff weren't even there yet. It was scary, the people seemed to be hurt pretty bad. It happened around some houses, so there was alot of people out there helping or we would have stopped. I felt bad when we drove off though.
The kids do not like to potty outside when it's raining, so that's going to be fun! Anytime the rain lets up, I make them go out & push them off the porch to make them potty. (I'm rolling my eyes)
I'm sitting here watching the James Spaan (good ole James Spaan) & they have live footage of the eye wall, about to hit land fall. What incredible footage. And scary.
I guess this will be my last post until after Dennis makes his presence known.
Everyone stay safe, be smart & pray.
I've off to go eat the last frozen pizza in the freezer..........

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we heard from Chris's parents, they called before it gets to bad, they are expecting power outages, and trees down all over the place. They have already called in specialist for the trees from 3 other states! They said that they cancelled all church services as well, no one is suppose to be out after 12:00 Noon today... We will be praying for you and you guys pray for our family too! Thanks! Enjoy the Pringles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. James Spann is the trusty weather guy here. And I misspelled his name...Sorry. I didn't realize it. I'll blame that one on the hurricane....LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.