Monday, July 11, 2005

A Hurricane Recap

I stayed in front of the TV, watching the weather & reading (To Kill a Mockingbird) all afternoon. D played PS2, he said he had to get his fix in, in case the power went off. The power kept flashing on & off. So, he finally decided to stop the PS2 playing. I was excited that I got to see the new Celebreality line-up on VH1. The wind started picking up even more, so D & I went & layed on the bed to watch the trees. Just as we thought we were out of the woods & I said, "Thank you Lord, the power didn't go out," , at 11pm, we heard a loud boom & the power went out!!! Just great! At this point we thought, we made it through the hurricane unscathed. We got all the candles out, opened all the windows & put all the cold stuff in the cooler. Then D went to bed. By this time it was only midnight & that's way too early for me to go to bed. So, I read by candlelight. How romantic....
I decided to make a pallet in the living room floor, I thought that would be cooler. I of course was still reading, but by this time it was with my little book light. Since it was complete silence except for wind & rain, I could hear trees falling off in the distance. That was pretty creepy.
I couldn't handle the floor for very long & I went to get in the bed. By 3am, I could hear chainsaws(is that one word?) in the distance. D said that there had been trees down across the Hwy, when he went to work. So, between the wind, Razz & Rocco up & down on the bed, Molly barking, D banging around fixing his lunch & just being plain restless, I got a couple hours sleep. I woke up, once & saw the light on the living room, but I fell back to sleep. Then at about 9:30am, I realized "Hey, the Powers on!" So, I got up, shut all the windows & put the cool stuff back into the fridge.
I plan on taking a good long nap soon. Since I didn't sleep so well, I'm pretty miserable. But I'm safe & my house doesn't have a hole in the roof this time, so I ain't complaining.
Thank you Lord, for keeping us safe, for no trees falling on our house & the power being off for less than 12 hours. Lord, please be with anyone, who did have any kinda of lose during Hurricane Dennis. Grant them comfort in this time & calm their nerves.

2 comments:

  1. Hola Chica I am so glad that you guys are okay. Everytime I go to www.weather.com I see Dennis and think about you all in Bama! I don't understand why Alabama has had hurricanes. That's crazy end times stuff.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta tell ya Michael's rat adventure was hilarious. If you haven't read it please do,it will make you laugh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.