Thursday, July 14, 2005

Another Question Of The Week

I know that OCD (Obsessive compulsive Disorder) can be a serious illness, so I'm not making light of it. I obsess about quite a few things & I think just about everyone does, in one way or another.

Here's my list:

I have to check my alarm over & over again. I will even be almost asleep & have to check it just on more time.

I will make sure I unplugged my curling or flat iron several times, before leaving the house & after getting in the car, I will even sometimes, go back in & check it & there have been times, I have even turned the car around.

When I go to bed, I lay there & read every night, I will get up & pee every 20 minutes or so, because I want to make sure I won't have to get up in the middle of the night. I will even do this before I leave the house.

I powder my nose & gloss my lips several times before I get some where.

If I scratch one hand, I have to scratch the other the same way.

All my products, including canned goods, stuff in the shower, have to face out, so I can see the label. I have gotten a little laxed on this one in the last year, though.

I am always cleaning my kitchen counters with 409 & now bleach is my newest friend. I keep a bottle of bleach water handy at all times.

I will only use a dish rag one time & never twice. I'm a germ-a-phobe.

I also wash my hands more times than I could ever begin to count a day.

I have a routine in the shower, getting ready, the way I do laundry, actually in just about everything I do around the house & I can not change the routine. I have do it the same exact way, nothing can be out of order.

There are many, many more, I'm sure I have failed to mention...Believe me. Man, that was kinda embarrassing
.


So, what are you OCD about? And come on, everyone has at least one.

4 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm...let's see...which one do I want to admit? Oh yeah...at work, when I go potty, I push on the door (after it's closed and locked) and the door lock several times just to make sure no one is going to walk in on me. I think OCD is a gene in this family! rg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well.... hmmmm.... After I wash my hands in a public place I either push the door open with my behind or use tissue on the handle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me cabinets are definetly put in a certain order. Shower routine, makeup and so on a must. My main thing is that all doors have to be shut at night before I go to bed. Closet door, the door to our livingroom, and the bedroom door when we had one. IT gives me an odd sense of safety when all the doors are shut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My list
    I make my grocery list out in the order I will come to it.

    I put my things in an order when I put them in the buggy,

    I unload them in a certain order.

    I have a shower routine.

    i have a getting ready routine.

    I clean the kitchen in a certain routine.

    I hang all my clothes with the hanger going towards the right.

    I fold my towels a certain way. (trifold)

    can't think of anymore.

    Matt's list
    He washes his hands a thousand times a day!!!!!!

    He has a getting ready routine.

    A pack your lunch routine.

    A bed time routine.

    He checks the coffee pot a zillion times before leaving.

    He checks the locks before going to bed.

    He checks the locks after me as we leave EVEN WHEN HE'S JUST SEEN ME CHECK THEM!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.