I love it when Wal-mart puts out of the Summer dishes & stuff. Last year I saw this big mug called a "Bubba Keg" & I really wanted one, but didn't get it. I always have a big mug full of ice water, I even take it with me sometimes, when I leave the house. I can drink about 4 of these a day, so just a glass of water will not due.
When all the Summer came out this year, I saw the "Bubba Keg" again, And not only did I see it....It was Hot Pink!!! I didn't have the money to get it at the time, but I knew that it would be mine. I dreamed of my new pink mug...I envisioned me filling it up with ice, drinking out of it & how it would match my clothes. Well, just how lovely I would look with my pink mug. I couldn't wait to get it. When I find something I like I become obsessed with it, so I thought about it alot.
When I got sick with Scarlett Fever, D went to get me my pink mug at Wal-mart. I told him they had 4 colors, pink, green, blue & orange. If for some horrific reason, they didn't have a pink one, then get the green. As I lay in bed, I couldn't wait for D to get home. I was so excited to hear him drive up the driveway & then come in the door. But then he came into the bedroom with a GREEN mug & not my beloved pink one!!! He said they didn't have pink ones, they were purple!!!!! But of course, they didn't have purple, they were pink. What was he thinking? Never send a man to do something for you. And if you want something done....Do it yourself! I was way too sick to do anything, or I would have taken the dreaded green mug back. I was so upset, I know it's silly, but I had my heart set on pink. Pink is my color! And it completes me, I'm not myself without pink. I know it's difficult for other's to understand, but I understand & that's all that matters. I have always loved pink, except for a little period in time, when I had a friend that hated pink (for personal reasons). And I gave up my favorite color (she never even knew that) to help support her. But I must say my love for the color pink has grown increasingly more over the last 5 years.
Back to my story....I kept the dreaded green mug, but I always looked at it with contempt. Because of money reasons I couldn't just go buy my pink mug. So day in & day out, I drank for the green one, but dreaming of my pink one. Every time I went to Wal-mart I had to go visit my pink mug with hopes that she would someday be mine. Well, that someday was today!!!!!!!!!! After 3 months, I am finally drinking ice water (it even tastes better) from my beautiful pink mug, oh what a wonderful day it is! D is now the new owner of the green one. :)

Its so funny that he thought it was purple, sounds like Chris! My goodness our husbands are something else. Do you realize you used the word pink 18 times. Thats amazing. Did you really give up the color, or just the obsession of the color?
ReplyDeleteToo funny! ~Amber
ReplyDeleteWhy didn't you just exchange it?????
ReplyDeleteIts her OCD taking control.
ReplyDelete18 times, that's funny...Only you would have counted them!
ReplyDeleteYes, I gave up the color...I didn't buy or wear anything pink for awhile. I didn't really become obsessed with the color until about 5 years ago.
I didn't exchange it b/c I was sick & couldn't go anywhere & D wouldn't take it back for me. He said that is was "just a color". But he doesn't understand.
You have issues Girl!
ReplyDeleteDid you ever watch Pee Wee's Playhouse growing up? Well there was this episode where he kept saying "I love fruit salad." And Chairy says, "Then why don't you marry it!"-- For some reason when I read this story, that came into my head.
ReplyDelete