Today, D watched the "American Chopper" Marathon, while I tried to finish reading a book that is due back at the library tomorrow.
When then grilled out for Father's Day. We are really enjoying our grill, if you haven't noticed.
After we ate, we went over to Renee's, to go swimming. My Paw was there, so I got to spend alittle bit of time with him. Renee made homemade vanilla & then some chocolate ice cream. The vanilla was good, but the chocolate was amazing! I'm gonna make us some. We have an ice cream maker, but have only used it once. I think we need to put it to use!
We all headed up to the pool, but not everyone went swimming. We had a great time & didn't get home until 9pm. It was nice swimming in the evening, when you don't have to worry about sunscreen & all that jazz.
Thanks Renee for inviting us over!
When we got home, I took a shower & then went over to Mom's to do some laundry for her.
Tomorrow I have got to clean house. I don't think there are any clean dishes left in the house! Of course I have to wash them all by hand, since I don't have a dish washer. I can't stand for my kitchen to be dirty, though. It makes me feel yucky, for some reason. Must be part of the OCD. It's so funny, as a kid I refused to wash dishes. And when I actually did wash them, I complained the entire time. And here I am washing dishes EVERYDAY. Oh the circle the life......

We don't have a dishwasher either- but it works out better (at least for now with no kids) because we don't really use that many dishes, and we wash everything right away. When we lived in the apartment in Waxahachie we had a dishwasher and I would let it fill up and and forget to turn it on, and then the whole sink would fill up, or I woudln't want to put up the dishes out of the dishwasher. Anyway- Chris likes to do the Dishes, so that's a big help!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you all had a good weekend... I'll tell you about mine later :)
ReplyDeleteSometimes hand washing is quicker than the dishwasher!
ReplyDelete