Monday, May 16, 2005

SO HAPPY

Ok, brace yourself now.....I actually woke up at 10 am, by myself, without an alarm!!!! Now pick yourself up off the floor! I have been trying to make myself get up early. I realized that most mornings I when get up to potty, I go back to bed. So this morning I made myself stay up. I got up & majorly cleaned my little casa. It normally takes me about 2 hours, well not today! It took me 4!

Then tonight D & I went to the new theater. When we went to pay for our tickets we tried to use our debit card (b/c we had no cash). But they weren't taking anything other that cash, because all the money they are making is going to charity (I forgot which one they said). We were gonna leave & go get some cash, but the ticket girl said that the movies are actually FREE, you can just make a donation if you want too. So, you can take canned goods or give a $1. I felt bad & told her we would bring some canned goods later. Plus tonight we got coupons for FREE popcorn. D doesn't like popcorn, so I had 2 bags to eat. We bought a drink. So that's the only money we spent. We saw "Meet the Fockers" (sorry RG, I know you don't like that title). That movie was hilarious! I'm so glad we saw it. The theater is really nice & their prices don't seem to be too bad, either. We plan on going again this week, and we'll take extra canned goods with us.

I was SO HAPPY going to the theater. It has been a couple of years since we went. There are alot of poeple that go all the time & take it for granted. But it was pure joy to see a movie in a theater, for me. There is nothing like, sitting on the back row, hearing the sound of people crunching on their popcorn before the movie begins, watching the previews & getting excited about the coming attractions, the lights diming & the feature presentation beginning. Going to the movies is just magical. I'm glad that it's been a long time since I've been. It made me take everything in, appreciate & enjoy it all.

Also on the way there, I told D, that I bet I would see someone I know. And sure enough I did! It was someone from Kingwood. He passed by D & I with his wife, but didn't see me. I looked up a few minutes later & he was starring at me (something I remember he was good at) from across the foyer. I looked up again & he was pointing at me. Yeah, pointing!(Something else I remember about him, he had no manners & was rude) He was apparently pointing me out to his wife. But pointing? I just turned my head...I'm really good at avoiding people, if I want too. :)

7 comments:

  1. This weekend will be the release of Star Wars final episode. I don't think the movies will still be free---I think that is only through Thursday night.

    Who was that rude person???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb! Now how stupid do you think I am....I know that they won't be free anymore....silly! ;)

    Hhhmmm...I don't know if I should say on here...I'll e-mail it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hank and I are going to see Ocean's 12 tonight... you guys wanna join us?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey... where did you get the coupon for free popcorn?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We would love to join ya'll, but I'm not sure what we're doing tonight, just yet.
    The free popcorn? Well, they were giving out the coupons with your tickets at the Box Office. But they were only good Sunday & Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who was the rude mystery man?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe come on Crystal, tell them. Everybody that knows him, knows what he's like and those that don't, well it won't make any difference.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.