What did you do for Mother's Day?
We really didn't do anything. Last Friday, I went on & gave Mom her gift. Cherry covered dishes. I gave them to her early, because it's been a long time since we were able to really do anything for her. And I was SO excited about them! I found them at TJ Maxx & almost passed out, when I turned the corner & spotted them. I wish I had planned on cooking a meal or something. I'm mad at myself about that. Oh well...I'm glad she liked her present. Mom & Danny went somewhere, I asked if we could go too. SInce it's a special day, I thought we would all hang out. She said they wanted to go alone, & since they never go anywhere, I didn't push it.
D & I just chilled on the front porch, where I seem to spending alot of time these days. I have had such a difficult time this weekend, with boredom. I'm not someone who gets bored easy. That comes with being an only child & having to entertain myself. So, when I do get bored, if frustrates me immensely.
D & I just chilled on the front porch, where I seem to spending alot of time these days. I have had such a difficult time this weekend, with boredom. I'm not someone who gets bored easy. That comes with being an only child & having to entertain myself. So, when I do get bored, if frustrates me immensely.

I love love love my cherry dishes. Thanks you Crystal, Daniel, Molly, Auzzie, Razzy, Rocco & Harriett. Keith sent me a really sweet card and Mercy called me to tell me 'Happy Mother's Day' but all I could hear her say was,'Poppa', so I gave the phone to her Poppa who is grinnin' from ear to ear because that seems to be Mercy's favorite word. Around 6pm or so Danny and I went riding around and then stopped to eat at Cracker Barrel. That's my all time favorite restaurant.
ReplyDeleteCrystal, you can always come to my house...it's always buzzin'! I cooked dinner and Grandma Rae came down and had lunch with us. Jamie and her family were there, Bonnie was home, and Donna was there. Amber and her family came while I was cleaning the kitchen. We sat out on the patio all day as different family/friends dropped by for banana pudding and fellowship. It was wonderful! All are welcome anytime! rg
ReplyDeleteI sat here by myself ALL day. Nate came by Saturday and brought me a card and a gift certificate for a manicure and pedicure. Tracy called. Mike took his mom to lunch and then went to work.
ReplyDeleteWe went to church then to eat with J.R.'s parents. Then we went to mom's (well she told you what we did). It was fun! Oh yeah, Ashtyn got me a diamond necklace and matching earrings! ~Amber
ReplyDeleteWe grilled out steaks.... yummy
ReplyDeleteHank and I left Kentucky around 8 and headed to Nashville to pick up Tres and to take Hank's mom out for mother's day. We left Nashville around 3 and headed back to Birmingham to pick up Bryant at my parent's house. We got there around 7 and gave my mom a card and her present (she and I are going out sometime this week by ourselves). Then we headed to our house, where we unloaded, unpacked, started laundry and let the kids play until dark. I didn't even get a mother's day card:(
ReplyDeleteI shared my Mother's Day with Chad who was celebrating his 19th birthday. I went to church, came home and changed clothes, took flowers to the cemetery (to Mama and Nanny) then went shopping for me a Mother's Day gift. The cemeteries looked beautiful with all the flowers. My husband was hog hunting, my son was swimming in the river and my daughter was in Auburn so I had the afternoon to myself. That evening we went to eat at Pablo's for Chad's birthday. It was a very nice day!dd
ReplyDelete