I'm still not feeling so hot. I'm just draggin around. So, I really didn't do anything today (Friday).
This evening D, Molly & I went to rent a movie. We got "The Incredibles", but we haven't watched it yet.
While we were out, we noticed that alot of people had stuff set out by the road. Then we remembered that it was the Annual City Cleanup Day. When we got home D went & started loading up the car & taking it to the circle & unloading it. I think it took him about 3 trips. I was laying on the couch, while he did this. Just going to get the movie wore me out. I finally went to bed & D woke me up at 9:30, because Mom wanted us to go junkin' in all the neighborhoods.
I got up & we all went. We had a good time & came home with a load of stuff! We got a charcoal grill, a cabinet, a filing cabinet & some wooden pedestal thingy's for the porch. (I'll take pictures later) I wish we could have gone to more places, but our car was full & we were all ready to get home. We didn't get home til after midnight. It was cool because there were other people out there doing the same thing. Boy, if I had 'human' kids I would have racked up! There was quite a bit of Little Tykes stuff. Don't get me wrong there was alot of just garbage. But if you looked long enough, you hit some good piles. I can't wait for next year!!!

Sounds like fun. Rhonda (Chris's sister) use to go junkin every trash night and she would find furniture, re-paint it, or put a design on it or touch it up and sell it in the paper. She would get like up to $40 for some of this "junk" it was awesome.
ReplyDeleteI can't beleive you didn't call me!!!!! I would have loved to have gone! Little Tykes stuff - GEEZ!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a FAT CAT & D adventure to me! I think he is the only husband out of the bunch brave enough to get involved with all these women! My hats off to you nephew!dd
ReplyDelete