Michael's Grandmother passed away, so D & I drove up to Oneonta tonight to the funeral home.
I haven't been to Oneonta since right after my first year in MC, & that was in '95. And back then I really didn't pay attention to how beautiful it is up there. I've become more reflective in my old age, so I pay attention to things I didn't used too. Anyway, It's gorgeous there. D & I have been talking about going up there on Saturday & taking a picnic & going to see the covered bridges & stuff. I didn't realize this, but Horse Pens 40 is up there too! I went there when I was a little girl, man, that was a lifetime ago. ~sigh~ I believe I went there with Granny, Paw, Diane & Bob. Isn't that correct, Diane? I think I have a picture of that somewhere, I'll post it.
Back to the funeral home...D had never been to a viewing like this before. Well, it's the same kind, most of Southerners are used too. But they do things differently out in Cali & plus D's family are Catholic. So, this was another new experience to add to all his new experiences that he's had since I came into his life.
After a while, we stood outside with Michael & some of his friends & we talked & laughed. When we left, D said, "That was fun!", I told him, I don't think I had ever heard of the funeral home being fun. I talked to Michael later & told him what D had said. Michael laughed & said, he really had a good time too. But you know something, isn't that how it should be? Shouldn't we have a good time? I know that when I die, someone better be throwing a party. I would want there to be a celebration. I mean, don't get me wrong, sure you're going to be sad & grieve. But also laugh. Laughter is so healing.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!!!!
P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.