Tuesday, March 29, 2005

It's Gone!

This afternoon I went to the library & I turned off of Hwy 52, behind the City Hall & I was in utter shock at what I saw. The old Pelham First Baptist Buildings were completely demolished! I couldn't believe it.
I remember when, I was little, Renee & her family used to go there. And right after they built their Gym, they had a roller skating party there. And I remember going & I thought it was SO cool, because the floor was carpeted & it was different skating on the carpet.
Then I remember going there, for a chilli supper, with all kinds of fixin's for the chilli. I was so amazed, because I never knew you could put pasta in your chilli! And ever since then I just about always eat pasta in my chilli.
I asked them in the library why the tore it down & they said that they are going to build a new police department & court house there.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting...I'll have to do a drive-by. Crystal, it so funny you have those memories because I don't remember. My memory is terrible...long-term and short-term. Yikes! rg

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.